9 Tips for Growing Your Cannabis Business Email List
The only way to grow your medical marijuana business is to find new customers. Part of that includes adding new names to your email list so that you can keep in touch with people in the fastest, most effective way. Email lists degrade over time as people switch jobs, delete old accounts or just abandon them. Cannabis email list building requires some attention, and here are some tips to do just that:
- Add a Sign-up Form to your Website. When fresh visitors find your web pages online if they like what they see they may decide to sign up for reminders from your business while they’re there.
- Build a Cannabis Blog. If you haven’t done so already, start blogging posts about your business or just great new products in the marijuana industry. When you finish the post, be sure to include a link for people to keep updated by joining your email list.
- Create Email Only Specials. Let your customers know that you have email only deals, that they need to be a member of the mailing list to receive. Include it on receipts in the store, pass it out on printed advertisements and include it on social media accounts to get the message out, and people will definitely start signing up.
- Sponsor an Event. If you can find a cannabis-friendly event to sponsor, or be a part of in your local community, use that as a way to get people to register their email addresses with your business. Be sure to give an opt-out option when they put down their information though, as nobody likes getting unsolicited spam they aren’t expecting.
- Giveaways and Contests. Everyone loves the chance to get free things, and if you’re able to offer some simple product promotions then people will be more than willing to give you their current email address.
- Host an Online Webinar. Not everyone is up to date on how to consume marijuana safely and comfortably, so putting out an online course they can sign up to view will give you fresh email addresses.
- Setup a Sandwich Board. Those old-fashioned signs and chalkboards are a great way to steer in-store customers to add themselves to the mailing list when the walk in.
- Make it Your Signature. Every email you send out should have the link to the email list in your signature block.
- Don’t Forget to Add Your Friends. Often we forget the people that would most likely be willing participants in our email lists – friends and family that share an interest in bud are a great way source for cannabis email list building. Generally adding them to the email list will be a welcome way to stay updated on your business.
If you take advantage of these tips, you’ll see your cannabis email list building attempts grow faster.
We teach our clients practical, methodical, ethical ways to build their email lists. Do you have a question? Post below and share your comments, we are happy to help.